Girona and Costa Brava are often clubbed together in the same itinerary but there is a lot of diversity for you to see in this area of Catalonia. Girona, the small city co exists with beautiful beach towns of the coast and in between are smaller towns with historic and artistic value.
When you plan a tour of this part of Spain, you should keep these highlights in mind:
- The Dali triangle of Figueres - Cadaques - Pubol is also part of this region and deserves an itinerary of its own.
- Cycling itineraries in Girona and Costa Brava take you around the various cycling routes with experienced cyclists and equipment for hire. There are many hotels in the region which cater to visit plans made specifically for cycling.
- Girona city is a treasure of history, modern cuisines, and culture. You can visit Girona in a day as a day trip from Barcelona but you can also make it your base to see towns around the region.
- The coastal towns deserve a few days, and there are many itineraries that cover the beaches, inland towns, and nature reserves of Costa Brava including Blanes, Tossa de Mar, Cadaqués, Roses, Cap de Creus, Lloret de Mar, Palafrugell, Begur, and Llafranc. You can choose to stay in one of these Costa Brava towns to explore the region.
- The Girona and Costa Brava region has many camping sites, vacation rentals, b&bs, and bike friendly hotels. Depending on your visit plan for the region your itinerary should consider these options.
You will find that there are many possible itineraries to see the Costa Brava region and the right one for you starts with where you want your base to be.