Everyone goes to see the Alhambra in Granada and then you realize that there is more that you should stay back for, even for a 2 or 3 day visit.
Besides the magnificent Alhambra which can easily take half a day or more, be sure to also visit Granada for:
- Authentic Flamenco shows in the caves of the Sacromonte quarter.
- An evening in the Albaicin quarter , which offers an exotic feel of what Granada was in the times when it was ruled by Islamic rulers.
- Granada Cathedral, The Royal Chapel, and Carrera del Darro walk along the river, along with other excellent attractions in the centre of the city.
- Tapas trails and a Hammam visit, both traditions of Granada deserve to be experienced. In fact, Granada is the only city that still serves free tapas with your drink.
- Informative walking tours of the city that tell the secrets of the past history and cultures, as well as tours of the Albaicin, and Sacromonte.
- Souvenir shopping , Granada is famous for its Moorish-insipred artifacts.
You will be surprised to that there are many destinations to visit as excursions from the Granada: the Sierra Nevada foothill villages of Alpujarras, Nerja, Ronda, and many other smaller towns.