Rome is one of the most visited cities in the world. It is a city full of history, architecture, and many stories from thousands of years ago. There are many ways to see Rome based on what you are interested in. Rome is also a perfect destination for couples, and for families.
You must see and experience:
- Ancient Rome - The Colosseum, the Palatine Hill, and Roman Forum are must visit sites in Rome.
- The Vatican City - St. Peter’s Basilica, Vatican Museums (especially the Sistine Chapel) , St. Peter’s Square, Castel Sant’Angelo. Vatican is not only for the religious.
- Fountains of Rome - Trevi is the king of them all but Rome has numerous spectacular fountains.
- Traditional food and drink of Rome and Lazio region.
- Shopping and casual nightlife in the city’s districts.
For a good introduction to Rome you should plan visit for at least 3 to 4 days. Also keep aside a day or two for a visit to Orvieto or Tivoli, on the outskirts of Rome. If you stay for a few days in Rome, do consider accommodation options outside the historic centre of Rome.