Avoid the "Barcelona at Night" bus tour.
The Barcelona night bus tour operates from June to September, on Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays. The tour starts from Plaça Catalunya at 9:30 PM and finishes at midnight.
The highlight of the Barcelona night bus tour is the ride within Barcelona showcasing the main buildings, then ride all the way up to Montjüic, and then on to Font Magíca, where it stops for 40 minutes.
My reasons to skip the Barcelona at night bus tour
- The 5 buses used in the Barcelona night service are not well maintained. At least a dozen tourists who have used the Barcelona night bus tour service have told me that the audio guide just does not work.
- The guide on these Barcelona night tour buses is well versed only in Spanish and thus practically of not much use.
- The only worthwhile stop of the Barcelona Night Bus tour is at the Font Magica. You will be better off planning a trip to Font Magica on your own. Take the L5 and L3 metro over to Espanya station and walk to Font Magica for the show. Be sure to check the timings of the show.
- Barcelona icons – La Sagrada Familia, Casa Batllo and Torre Agbar are very photo friendly when lit. However, on the night bus tour, you will be unable to take good photographs as the bus only barely slows down at most sights.
- There are many interesting night walking tours where you can see and photograph well-lit Modernista buildings. Those tours are more interesting and lot better than Barcelona at night bus tour.
My suggestion – Give Barcelona night bus tour a miss