You can find an exhaustive list of cultural and religious festivals here
Important cultural festivals in Barcelona
Festes de Santa Eulàlia, February
Barcelona’s winter festival - Festes de Santa Eulalia - is held around 12th February, and celebrated all across Barcelona. You can see parades of gegants (giant costumed puppets with big heads) and human pyramids or ‘castells’ during this festival.
Festival Pedralbes, June
Marking the commencement of the summer tourist season in Barcelona, the Pedralbes festival has popular Barcelona concert series starring International and Spanish artists.
Festival del Grec, July
A major Barcelona festival with dozens of theatre, dance and music performances, the Festival del Grec draws its name from The Teatre Grec Gardens, where concerts with emerging bands are held.
Festa Major de Gràcia, August
The biggest street festival in Barcelona, Festa major de Garcia is organized mid August, around 15 August.
It features free outdoor concerts, street fairs and other events.
Festes de la Mercè, September
Barcelona holds its largest party, the La Mercè Festival, in September.
Barcelona La Mercè lasts for around 5 days.
The festival is held in honour of Mare de Deu de la Mercè, the Patron Saint of Barcelona.
To help you plan better here are the Public Holidays in Barcelona
Holidays in Barcelona
- New Year's Day (Any Nou) 1 Jan
- Three Kings (Reis Mags) 6 Jan
- Good Friday (Divendres Sant)
- Easter Monday (Dilluns de Pasqua)
- May (Labour) Day (Festa del Treball) 1 May
- Mon after Whitsun (Segona Pascua) 1 June
- Sant Joan 24 June
- Verge de l'Assumpció 15 Aug
- Catalan National Day (Diada de Catalunya) 11 Sept
- La Mercè 24 Sept
- All Saints' Day (Tots Sants) 1 Nov
- Constitution Day (Día de la Constitución) 6 Dec
- La Immaculada 8 Dec
- Christmas Day (Nadal) 25 Dec
- Boxing Day (Sant Esteve) 26 Dec