1. Cross over the Arno River
2. Take a picnic to the Boboli Gardens
3. Look out over the city at sunset
4. Eat lunch at the Caffetteria delle Oblate
5. Explore the city on wheels
The city of Florence is a very walkable city, but you could also rent bikes and explore the medieval backstreets around the main squares. Get off the beaten track and get a little lost together.
6. Take a carriage ride through the city
7. Spend the day in wine countryChianti wine region. Spend the day looking out over rolling Tuscan hills, vineyards stretching in every direction, and getting a taste for the local wine.
8. Wander through Giardino Bardini
Consider going off the beaten track to the Giardino Bardini, the immaculately kept gardens.
9. Stay in a Tuscan countryside15 minutes away from the centre of Florence.
10. See a show at the Teatro de Pergola
Teatro Della Pergola is a fantastic historic opera house that offers unforgettable opera and classical music experiences. This is a great opportunity for you and your partner to get the sense of the old-fashioned Florence while enjoying a great, authentic show.
11. Buy something special for each other
Whether you are looking for something expensive or are shopping on a budget, Florence is the city to go shopping.
12. Try new cuisine together
13. Cosy up in a local wine bar or restaurant
There seems to be no end to the number of bars and restaurants where you can try Florence's local hospitality. For something a little more cosy, try going down side streets and finding aperitivo style restaurants where you can enjoy a good glass of wine and something light for dinner.
14. Appreciate the art together
No trip to Florence is complete without exploring the many galleries and museums that Florence is famous for. Apart from the Uffizi and the Accademia, you could explore the extravagant Palazzo Vecchio museum (which is sometimes open at night too), check out the Pitti Palace where the ruling families used to live, or go to the Piazza della Signoria to see the open-air gallery of statues.
15. Wander through the historic centre at night
The city of Florence is easy to get around by foot, and it is safe to walk around at night. Wander beside the Arno River, drink wine and eat gelato, and explore the attractions through the historic centre while they are lit up at night. Use the evening light as a super romantic backdrop for exploring the city together.
16. Eat something sweet
Relying on ingredients from the surrounding countryside, the Florentine cuisine is famous for being not only delicious but also simple and fresh.
Depending on how long you stay, your trip to Florence can differ. If you plan to spend a few days in this romantic Italian city, you have enough time to enjoy each other while exploring the city, understanding Renaissance, relaxing in the beautiful parks and gardens as well as having an unforgettable culinary experience.
There are travelers who love letting themselves surprised by the beauty of their destinations while wandering around without constantly searching for the main touristic attractions. There are also many who prefer making lists and grouping their favorite places in order to make sure they don’t miss a spot. The ideal way to explore Florence is definitely a combination of these two. So, seize the moment and freely wander around the beautifully arranged streets of the city holding your lover’s hand, but also make sure you get to see some of the main attractions of the city.
Here are my ideas for couples in Florence:
- Florence is best visited in spring. This is the most romantic time of the year, and it’s the same for Florence.
- When choosing your accomodation, you should totally go for a hotel that has windows overlooking the river Arno, or why not a little picturesque flat on Airbnb.
- Florence has plenty of quaint little squares where you can have your romantic dinner. I’m thinking of Piazza Della Passera, close to Palazzo Pitti, where you can taste real Italian gelato at Gelateria della Passera. What’s more romantic than that?