The Roma pass is a fixed time validity tourist pass for Rome. It is available in 2 versions: Roma Pass 48 hours and Roma Pass 72 hours. Both versions allow limited museum entry, public transport usage, and other discounts for events, shopping, and attractions.
The 6 best places to buy Roma pass are:
- Online (http://www.romapass.it/en/buy/)
- On the phone (+39 060608)
- Most museums and attractions in Rome
- All Tourist information points in Rome - the popular ones are at the airports
- Most metro and Trenitalia ticketing offices in Rome
- Newsstands across Rome
The 7 important watch outs when you buy Roma pass are
- The Roma pass expires on the midnight on the last calendar day of its expiry. So it is best to buy it early in the morning of the day you want to start using it.
- You can buy a maximum of 4 cards per online transaction, per day.
- You must physically collect the card from a Tourist Information point in Rome.
- Check if you are eligible for discounts before you buy the pass.
- Once bought, you cannot get a refund on the pass even if unused, or even if a particular site is closed or only partially open
- You can physically collect the card only 24 hours after an online or phone purchase.
- It is better to buy the pass physically at any of the above places in Rome.
For an average tourist, Roma Pass may not be worth it.