Always free attractions in Seville:
1. Real Fabrica de Tabacos
2. Archivos de Indias
3. Inquisition Museum (Museo de la Tolerancia)
Located in Castillo San Jorge, depicting the times and trials of the Spanish Inquisition that started at the location.
4. Ayuntamiento City Hall
A popular landmark, and meeting point in Seville. The main attraction here is the exterior.
Seville's almost free attractions
- Iglesia San Salvador - Free entrance if you buy the ticket to visit Cathedral. Giralda - Free access to climb the bell tower, along with purchase of a Cathedral ticket.
- Museum of Fine Arts - Often overlooked, excellent world class museum,
masterpieces by Murillo and Zurbaran. Minor entry fee of 1.5 euros.
- Flamenco - Many flamenco bars in Seville host free shows. They do not charge for watching their amateur flamenco performances. These are high quality shows and the only price you pay is to buy a drink or two as a courtesy for being there and watching the show.
Sometime free attractions:
- Giralda - Bell Tower of the Cathedral with great views and sloping ramps to the top. Free entry every Sunday for mass, until 2pm.
- Alcazar - Stunning Royal Palace with Alhambra like interiors, and gardens. Free entry every Monday 4pm onwards.
- Torre del Oro - Defense tower on the Guadalquivir river, no longer topped with gold tiles. Free on Tuesdays.
- Casa Pilatos - Amazing Roman antiquities and paintings, in a building with Baroque, Renaissance and Mudéjar architecture. Free entry every Wednesday 3 to 7pm.
- Hospital de los Venerables - Former residence for priests, now the Diego Velazquez center, with some of his great works. Free on Sundays 4pm to 8pm.
Free open spaces in Seville:
- Plaza Espana and Maria Luisa Park: Huge building with many pavilions and a boating canal, built in a larger park complex with sculptures in gardens and shaded walkways.
- Macarena City walls - Only surviving portion of Seville’s old defense from Roman times. Located near Macarena church.
- Costurero de la Reina - Relaxation room and sewing place for the Queen Maria de las Mercedes. Today it is a Tourist information office.
- El Postigo - Old city gate in Arenal district with a chapel containing a baroque altarpiece by Pedro Roldan.
- Reales Atarazanas - Royal Naval museum where ammunition was stored for the Spanish Armada.