Key sights in Benalmadena
- Tivoli World theme park (in Arroyo de la Miel), very popular in Costa
del Sol though it is getting old and shows its age.
- Castillo de Colmenares, a big castle/monument with beautiful views.
- You can visit Selwo Marina or Sea Life, two parks with ocean exhibits, dolphins etc
- the Mariposario (butterfly park) which in my opinion is one of the best things in Benalmádena
- Bil-Bil beach which is easily the best beach in Benalmadena
The nightlife scene in Benalmadena is especially lively during the summer. Most of the clubs and bars are in or around Plaza Solymar (24-hour square, as it is known). The Benalmádena nightlife might be cheaper and less luxurious than for example, Marbella. In plaza Solymar, you’ll find bars like Times Square or Mango’s. Other areas of Benalmádena, like Marina will be a bit more sophisticated. There, you’ll find good bars and discos like La Cubana or Monet.
There are enough things to see and do in and around Benalmadena that can keep you occupied for a week. If you are using Benalmadena as a base to travel around Costa Del Sol, stay at one of the beachfront hotels like Hotel Betania or Hotel San Fermín.